Friday, April 13, 2012

Mission statement, or is this a statement mission?

This will be a place that I hope to post my thoughts about what I find good and bad while walking along the Camino de Levante.  It's NOT a blog.  So if your are looking for insightful postings about travel and culture with pithy witticisms (or witty pithicisms), head some place else.  It will be notes to myself so that I can hopefully improve on what will inevitably be my next walk.  But if you are interested in walking the Camino Levante (or just walking in general) then maybe something will be of value and you're welcome to stop by.

There is a quote at the start of Moby Dick.  It says "when it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off  them, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can."   I am at that level of exasperation.  So tomorrow I get to sea.

While the 4000+ passenger Norwegian Epic is not the Pequod (and don't call me Ishmael), I hope it will supply the same tonic.  Eleven days at sea has served to calm me greatly in the past (except the disastrous mid-winter North Atlantic crossing that I still have trouble thinking/talking about) , so I hope the same happens this time.  Tomorrow I leave Miami for Barcelona, with a stop in the Azores.

No comments:

Post a Comment