Chinchilla --> Albacete 17.5 km 3.5 hrs + Upper 80's a bit of wind
The walk from Chinchilla is mostly through grain fields. More of the olive greens and sepia tones in patchwork patterns that are the palette of the Spanish landscape for me. Very much the boundless horizons of La Mancha. You could see Albacete from Chinchilla. You might have thought that it would be an hour's walk. You'd be wrong. Plenty of mountain bikers out (all male). Some actually friendly and helpful. I needed a shorter day. And I needed Albacete I think. A city that on the surface is not all that appealing. Mostly just the modern box skyline mixed with some Spanish style buildings. But it has El Corte Ingles and Mercadona and maybe other things for supplies and comfort.
I had made reservations at Hotel Univerisdad on the internet a couple of days ago. Glad I did. Seems to be a great place. And at 42 euros a night, a good deal. Had lunch in the restaurant and it was excellent. A good break from my camp food of the last few days. At 13 euros it was kind of high for the typical menu del dia. But still a great value. Mixed salad (or what passes for a mixed salad in Spain), salmon (almost more than I could eat), potatoes and a vegetable medley thing. Postre was ice cream. All top notch.
I'm here for two nights. Today being Sunday, Spain is closed. So tomorrow I will shop and hopefully do laundry (badly needed). And wander the town.
I think I need to endorse booking.com. Their reviews seem to be accurate and their prices are cheaper than the listed prices. And the rooms I got have been good. I'll amend this recommendation if things change.
No comments:
Post a Comment