Sunday, June 3, 2012

Goodbye, Toledo

Toledo -->  Torrijos  33.8 km  8.5 hrs

Glad to be out of  Toledo.  Beautiful town with lots of  history.  But not real nice people though.  Had a horrible experience with the post office there.  Both picking up and sending my packages.  So if you are thinking of   using post restante  to send your jump boxes on the Camino Levante, I would highly recommend looking at other towns.  I heard that the people of Toledo are notorious throughout Spain as being rude.  One of the boxes I was mailing was to home and I heard that actually FedEx is better and cheaper than the post office sending things back home.

The walk today was OK.  Got lost somehow though.  The GR 113 was combined with the GR 239 (the camino) and it confused me I guess.  Ended up in some little town and was headed out of town when I asked a man for directions to Torrijos.  He pointed me down the road the opposite way I was going and said it was 10.5 kms that way.  So I started out walking down the road, which was a nice new road with little traffic.  I was pretty worried that the guy had given me bogus directions, but I realized that I was headed north which made sense and after about 7 kms came to a roundabout that had  a sign for Torrijos.  After 10.5 kms I walked into Torrijos.

I really think that it's idiotic to not have a smart phone with a GPS app.  It would make life much easier.

Overall, a good walk today.  Actually was the nicest landscape was along the road walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment